Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Edgar Loves Books

Well, in truth, he loves bags.  Plastic, cloth, or paper bags; they are all exciting adventures for Edgar.  Since this bag doesn't make any noise (paper bags are excellent for sound effects, cloth bags, not so much), he seems to find the atmosphere comforting.
 Obviously, I made it to the library yesterday, paid my fine, and checked out a few books.  Provided Edgar with a new activity.
   Edgar's choice is evident.  He is a discriminating fellow, after all.
I put the bag on the floor because I'd also been to the grocery store.  By the time I'd finished putting the groceries away, I was too exhausted to do anything else but read.  :)

The cold is much better, but still provides an excellent excuse to retreat to my reading chair with a cuppa and a cat.

5 comments:

  1. Edgar is so cute! He looks right at home there in the bag with the books :) I hope you cold is all gone soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stefanie, the cold is much better!

    Oh, Edgar has a thing for books all right; I have to shoo him away when I'm reading because he wants to curl up on of whatever book I'm trying to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar is a gorgeous fellow (Fiona heartily agrees - or would, if she wasn't in the midst of recovering from a vet visit that totally did her in). What a fun set of photos!

    You have a cold, too? What's up with that? I haven't had a cold in years. I was shocked to come down with one on Sunday, especially given the heat. I guess it's not so much heat as germ exposure and I did shake a lot of hands on Saturday. Humans are so germy. I'll stick with cats. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Fiona! Edgar isn't fond of trips to the vet either.

    I can't remember the last cold I had. This one will certainly linger in my memory, though Hope you are feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm nearly back to normal, apart from a slightly stuffy nose, thanks. Hope you're fully recovered, too.

    The nice thing about my current kitties is that they don't howl when we drive to the vet. They curl up on the drive and then when we get there, they're so paralyzed with terror that they stay subdued. Sooo much better than wailing all the way.

    ReplyDelete