Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Some of 2018 Favorites

Finally managed to decide on a favorite list for the past yer and I'm still not at all sure about it.  Maybe I will pay more attention to favorites each month to make the final selection a little easier.  :)

Favorites for 2018


Circe by Madeline Miller

The Paragon Hotel by Lyndsey Faye
Our Homesick Songs by Emma Hooper
The Exes Revenge by Jo Jakeman
Snap by Belinda Bauer
A Sharp Solitude by Christine Carbo
Lost for Words by Stephanie Butland
Lullaby Road by James Anderson
Censored:  A Literary History of Subversion & Control by Matthew Fellion and Katherine Inglis
And the Fire Came Down by Emma Viskic

Honorable Mention:


Paper Ghosts by Julia Heaberlin

Look for Me by Lisa Gardner
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James (read in 2017, but review posted in 2018)
The Hollow of Fear (Lady Sherlock #3) by Sherry Thomas
Salt Lane by William Shaw
The Last of the Stansfields by Marc Levy
Stranger Diaries by Elly Griffiths 

and several books by Kerry Wilkinson, Joy Ellis, Anne Bishop, Kelly Armstrong; authors who always fall in my favorite lists


-----------------

For all readers of novels this tweet should prove interesting.  I mean, who hasn't read a book with a cemetery setting and a mysterious figure in black, standing at a distance?

Even funnier--all the responses and suggestions.  I cracked up when Neil Gaiman got in on this, wondering if he should put it in his will or pay in advance.  :)  




16 comments:

  1. That is absolutely hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of your list I have only read Circe! So many books...I would really like to try Belinda Bauer. If not Snap then another of her titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an eclectic mix, but the first three were my very favorites!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, that tweet is hilarious! Now to the list... I need to pick up Snap again. For some reason it was one of those right book, wrong time sort of thing so I only get about 10 pages in and put it away. I'm so excited I finally discovered Joy Ellis and look forward to continuing the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to get into Snap--the side of the road episode didn't grab me, but once I was in, I loved it. I look forward to anything by Joy Ellis. :)

      Delete
  4. I ordered a copy of Circe at B&N, but haven't been able to pick it up yet. I hope they still have it when I can make it in. I hope to read Paragon Hotel soon. I would definitely take Neil Gaiman up on his offer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like Circe and The Paragon Hotel as much as I did! That tweet appealed to so many people and the responses are too funny. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad to see a few books on my favourite list are on yours, too. :) I'm hoping to read Paper Ghosts this year since I never got around to it last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that when I saw your list! Paper Ghosts is a bit strange, but so intriguing.

      Delete
  6. I've got a bunch of your favorites on my list (not surprising as I get a LOT of suggestions from you), but I've only read two of your 'honorables'. The Broken Girls and The Hollow of Fear - really liked both.

    That tweet - what an opportunity to make some money. Ha! Love it. Maybe we should all do it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) We do share a lot of the same favorites in books. Don't you have a scene in mind with the lonely, mysterious woman with the umbrella? How curious the other mourners would be!

      Delete
  7. Nice list! I've read Snap and The Fire Came Down from your top list, and Look For Me and have Paper Ghosts still from NG and Stranger Diaries.

    I love that tweet you shared-- so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun seeing everyone's lists! If we see some of our favorites on the list, we are more interested in the other titles. :)

      Delete
  8. I've added so many of these books and authors to my 2019 To Read list because of you. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) We share an interest in each other's lists, and I get many titles from your blog!

      Delete