Search This Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

Another one down...

I had almost finished Tender at the Bone the other night, but not quite. My eyes were too blurry to see, so bed beckoned and with little persuasion won. Sunday there was no time, and I fretted a bit; today, however, I finished the last 20 or so pages in short order. I've finished 2 of my Stacks Challenge books and will review Tender at the Bone later. The next one for the Stacks Challenge will be Five on a Treasure Island by Enid Blyton. That one won't take long as it is a children's book, but it will have to wait until I finish Alias Grace, which is going to get my full attention now that I've finished the Reichl book.

The book plate is by
Posy Simmonds. The
site is mentioned in
yesterday's post.

This afternoon about 4:00, I put on The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio and worked on a needle felting project that I needed to finish. Later, it was time for Heroes and Studio 60, and I got so much done on my project while enjoying the movie and television that I am quite proud of myself.

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read what you thought of "Tender at the Bone" as I might want to include it in Literary Cache's TBR 2007 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished adding it to November Reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you just have a birthday, Jenclair? I was just noticing your profile said 58 and I thought it said 57? When did this change?

    You are such a busy person. It's nice to make good headway on a project. Are you working on Christmas presents or something wonderful for yourself?

    I look forward to reading your thoughts about Tender at the Bone. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, did you ever get your books from Amazon? I just started Lady in Black today...loving it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tender In the Bone isn't a book I am familiar with but after reading your posts it is definately added to my reading list. Think I'll run over to Amazon right now! Wow~ two down on the stack challenge~great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula - The next of her books is titled Comfort Me with Apples. It is the one I originally wanted, but when I realized her books were memoirs, decided to start at the beginning. Haven't tried any of the recipes, but they all sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you enjoy The Prize Winner of Definance, Ohio? I watched it a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I have the book but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just noticed that something happened to MY comment responding to some of YOUR comments. It isn't there.

    Booklogged - I did have a birthday on Nov. 7 ...when I was feeling so under the weather. The projects I was working on were for an "Arty Meme" that I was participating in.

    Debby - Amazon said they had been shipped, but still not here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ex Libris - Yes, I enjoyed The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio! Woody Harrelson did a good job with Kelly, a distinctly difficult man to put up with. Understatement! The priest was no help, was he? The change in the contest format over the years was an interesting phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete