I found the link to The 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge over at Marg's. Since I'm a regular at the local library, I think it behooves me to join this challenge.
Here's the Deal (from J. Kaye's Book Blog):
You all know what a supporter of the library my family and I are. What better way to pay homage than by having a reading challenge in 2009? Since we are all different, there will be three sizes of challenges.
** The first is to read 12 books from your local library in 2009.
** The second is to read 25 books from your local library in 2009.
** The third is to read 50 books from your local library in 2009.
You decide which one of the three challenges is best for you.
Here are the guidelines:
1) You can join anytime as long as you don’t start reading your books prior to 2009.
2) This challenge is for 2009 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2009.
3) You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
4) When you sign up under Mr. Linky, list the direct link to your post where your library books will be listed. If you list just your blog’s URL, it will be removed. If you don’t have a blog, leave the URL blank.
6) Our goal is to read 12, 25, or 50 books checkout from our local library in 2009. Please decide which when you sign up and don’t change it.
7) These can be audios, downloads, children’s, YA. As long as it’s a book, format and target age group does not matter.
8) Feel free to post a link to your reviews in the comment section below. That way, we can visit your blog and read your review.
9) If you have any questions, feel free to ask below or email me at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments usually get a quicker response.
***Update: You do not have to decided on your books ahead of time. You can add or subtract from your list during the year.
I'm going for 50. Shouldn't be too hard, huh? Fingers crossed. Yeah, I know, #5 is AWOL.