Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Love that Science Fiction

I'm really liking Dune by Frank Herbert -- From Library Journal: "Dune is to science fiction what The Lord of the Rings is to fantasy" -- and still can't explain why I've waited so long.

Nice to know that there are plenty more in the series AND that I have a review copy of Paul of Dune by Brian Herbert (Frank's son) and Kevin J. Anderson, which links the first two books in the series.

My reading had been slowing down as I've tried to get in more sewing and crafty projects, but I've found myself picking up this novel more frequently than I intended.

I'm almost done with this pillow made from one of Miss Mila's drawings of her dog, Mojo.

5 comments:

  1. I took Dune camping one year and was completely addicted to it until about halfway through. Then suddenly I wasn't the least bit interested, and I eventually stuffed it back in my backpack and never picked it back up again. I'll be interested to know what your final verdict is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read Dune! I don't know what's keeping me. It's one I'll keep in mind for Carl's Sci-Fi Experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - :) I liked it!

    Nymeth - It would be a great choice for Carl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, like Nymeth I may just have to add that one for Carl's challenge.

    And, I hope you'll show us your finished pillow. That looks adorable already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. iliana - Excellent choice for the Sci-Fi challenge.

    I have finished the pillow and have posted a picture on my quilting blog. :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete