Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

Tagged

Two tags to take care of -

A meme and an award from iliana:

things I did before
1. read
2. keep journals
3. take tai chi
4. teach
5. mail art
6. worked in the concession stand of the Dixie Theater, Ruston, LA
7. took several trips to England, Scotland

7 things I do now
1. read
2. keep journals
3. take yoga
4. quilt
5. meditate
6. spend many weekends at our little cabin
7. blog

7 things I want to do
1. spent a month in Scotland
2.make a queen size quilt
3. purge some of the junk I accumulate
4. dye fabric/ make art cloth
5. be more courageous; take risks
6. take a workshop at the John C. Campbell Folk School
7. attend the Houston Quilt Festival

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
1. humor
2. intelligence
3. kindness
4. shared interests
5. loyalty
6. independent thought
7. nice smile

7 Favorite Foods
1. eggplant
2. banana bread
3. hot sauce & chips
4. pasta
5. tomato-basil soup
6. biscotti
7. white chocolate bread pudding

7 things I Say Most Often
1. Huh? (so sad)
2. Sure
3. Well, damn
4. How about...
5. Love you
6. That book is going on my wish list (of course! thanks for this one, iliana)
7. What now?


next from Janet's Jottings :

Here’s how it goes.Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following there.Pass this on to five blogging friends.

The closest book to me is one that I've not even read yet, but here is the passage:

"Hitherto she had regarded him as a gentleman of intelligence, amiable, with pleasing manners and a sense of public duty. Her husband had also recognized these qualities and commended him to her, "even though he is a Tory!" But now, he had revealed a far deeper sense of personal concern, a desire to help where he could. She was surprised, but pleasantly so." The Ladies of Longbourn by Rebecca Ann Collins

Tagged for the award and one or both memes (as you please and if you so choose - no obligation) :

Kimy at Mouse Medicine - wonderful quotes and superb photographs
Nancy the Bookfool - who hooks me with her reviews and is another great photographer
Rache at Books I Done Read - whose tart reviews always make me laugh
Wendy the Literary Feline - who causes me to add way too many titles to my list
Nan at Letters from a Hill Farm - where you can find books, quotes, and recipes- mmm

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me, Jenclair! I've got to get my act together and catch up on my taggings (or whatever you call them). I'm particularly fond of the "things you say most often". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bookfool - I'm usually reluctant to do memes (they take more thought than I like!), but these were fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I get the catalog from the Campbell School and have always dreamed of taking a workshop there, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something so gratifying about purging one's space of clutter, isn't there? Until I realize I've tossed something I wanted...

    I, too, enjoy humour in my man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for playing - I loved reading your answers! I dream about going to the John C. Campbell school too. Maybe one day we'll both end up there at the same time and in between learning more about our crafts we can talk about books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debby - There are so many I'd love to take! Some day...

    Bellezza - I'm much better at thinking about purging the clutter than I am about actually doing it!

    iliana - I enjoyed the meme, but it did take some thinking. :) Wouldn't that be fun to be able to learn and visit and share? Of course, we would have to make time for reading, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jen - thanks so much for tagging me for the award! sorry I'm lax in expressing my thanks!

    I'm such a nosey parker -I love reading people's answers to memes - however, I'm pretty bad about playing (despite my intentions!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. kimy - :) I'm a nosy parker, too! I usually skip memes, but I'm glad I did these two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgive me, Jenclair, for my last mistake! It's late and I should be in bed. :-S

    You have me craving a slice of banana bread now. :-) I seem to always be saying that a a book will be going on my wish list too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LF - I know that feeling! When I'm up too late, my mind and fingers make a lot of mistakes. One that I hate is when I post a reply and review it, then fail to publish. Only later do I realize that all that work was wasted, and I can't remember what I wrote. Or on whose blog...

    ReplyDelete