Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Running Blind by Lee Child

Lee Child's Running Blind is the 4th in the series.  I started reading Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels last year.  I read everything the library had, and not in order, as these books are popular and often checked out.  Now, I'm trying to catch up on books with inter-library loan, used books, and kindle.

Jack Reacher is dragged into an FBI investigation, first as a suspect who matches the FBI profilers, description, and then, under pressure, to help find the killer when it is clear that he couldn't have committed the murders.

All of the victims are women who reported sexual harassment while in the military, and left the military after winning their cases.  There is a list and more women are scheduled to die.  Will Reacher discover the culprit in time to prevent more deaths?

  About half way through, I think there was a pronoun problem intended to throw the reader off the track, but I was too lazy to go back through and locate it, so I may be wrong.  I thought I knew who the killer was, but the pronoun threw me. 

All of Child's books read at such a fast clip and are full of adventure, but I've liked some much better than others.  This was not my favorite, but it did keep me turning pages.  

Here is a list of his novels in order.  The starred titles are the ones I've read.
  1. The Killing Floor
  2. Die Trying
  3. Tripwire
  4. Running Blind   *
  5. Echo Burning   *
  6. Without Fail   *
  7. Persuader   *
  8. The Enemy
  9. One Shot   *
  10. The Hard Way   *
  11. Bad Luck and Trouble   *
  12. Nothing to Lose   *
  13. Gone Tomorrow   *
Fiction.  Crime/Mystery.   2007.  544 pages.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment