Search This Blog

Monday, March 04, 2013

In the Mail: The Start of Everything by Emily Winslow

The Start of Everything, an ARC from Delacorte Press Hardcover, is set in Cambridge.  When the body of a teenage girl is discovered during a flood, DI Chloe Frohman and partner Morris Keene are on the case.

Told from multiple points of view, from each detective to a young woman with Asperger's , from victims to those who have committed the crimes--the novel is full of complications, connections, and coincidences.

None of the characters are terribly likable, and I found the novel a bit slow.  For some reason, the novel (plots, subplots, and characters) didn't really resonate with me.  The relationship between Chloe Frohman and Morris Keene bothered me, and the twin characters and their mother didn't ring true.  Oh, well, it just wasn't a novel that appealed to me, although I read some very positive reviews.

Mystery/Detective.  2013.  254 pages.



No comments:

Post a Comment