Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Reading, Reading, Reading

I've been in the grip of a ferocious reading cycle lately.  I no sooner finish one book (or e-book) than I turn to another.  While I've been trying to keep up with reviews, I'm still not quite successful.

Recently finished but not yet reviewed:

The Red Wolf Conspiracy (Chathrand Voyage) by Robert V.S. Redick
A Great Day for the Deadly by Jane Haddam
Tyringham Park by Rosemary McLoughlin
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
No  Child of Mine by Susan Lewis
The Ruling Sea (Chathrand Voyage) by  Robert V.S. Redick

I need to stop reading for a few days and catch up with reviews, but my tbr pile keeps beckoning.  Where is my will power?  Oh, yeah, don't have any.  When a cycle hits, whether it is crafting and creating or gardening or reading, I submit and indulge.

Gardening is going on, but most of it is down in the country, so I only go once or twice a week--although sometimes for two days at a time.




I really got tired of carrying all the rocks for the path!

We continue working and have made more progress, but still can't plant anything except for cold weather things:  broccoli, brussel sprouts, lettuce, onions, potatoes, etc.  And trees:  dogwood, peach, plum, apple, weeping willow, fig.  We will have a real orchard some day, and then I'll be able to sit on the back deck (in progress) and read and enjoy the garden at the same time.

5 comments:

  1. Love your gardening photos. I won't be able to get outside and start digging for another month and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenclair, love your garden photos! I will be starting to make my boxes soon to start my garden here also. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stefanie - I know...we have a much earlier spring than you do, but planning is half the fun. Are you still covered in snow?


    Sherri - Ohhh, your new home and a new garden! You will have a great time creating your new garden, Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have rocks in Louisiana? Unfair! We have no naturally occurring rock formations in Mississippi. We're just all silty loam and clay. Blah.

    And, on the subject of reviewing . . . I'm way behind, too. I'm just going to have to do a few one-paragraph reviews, I think. Sometimes it's better to just enjoy your reading and step away, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy - :) had to buy the rocks! Don't know where they come from.

    Yes, I need to do more one paragraph reviews!

    ReplyDelete