Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

The Forever Song is the third and final book in the Blood of Eden series.  I reviewed the first two books (thank you, NetGalley) The Immortal Rules  and The Eternity Cure .

I loved the first two books in this series.  The characters and plot had me engrossed from the beginning.  Allie is a dynamic character that managed to be both threatening and sympathetic.

Allie, Kanin, and Jackal continue their pursuit of Sarren, who now possesses the virus that could end both vampires and humans.

While I'm happy to have had the chance to finish the series, I have to admit that this one did not hold the same appeal. I did like having more of Kanin and the development of Jackal's character, though.

NetGalley/Harlequin Teen

YA/Dystopian/Vampire.  April 15, 2012.  Print version:  416 pages.

2 comments:

  1. It almost seems like a pattern--third books in trilogies not living up to their predecessors. It sounds like this is a worthwhile series to read overall though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. We both had that experience with the last one in the Divergence series recently.

    ReplyDelete